Workshops and other training opportunities for clinical, diagnostic and data science professionals.
Genomics in the Clinic: An introduction for medical professionals
A blended learning course comprising self-directed online modules (May 2022) and a face-to-face interactive workshop (Sat 4 Jun 2022).
Do you know when to order a genomic test? Can you confidently interpret a genomic test report and understand a variant of uncertain significance?
This course is for clinicians who work with patients who may have genetic conditions*. It will help you build your knowledge and confidence.
What will I learn?
- Principles of clinical genomics
- The range of genomic variants and tests
- Testing for germline variant
- Choosing the right test for the right patient
- How to interpret genomic test reports
- Clinical actions based on genomic test results
What’s in the online modules?
- Theory and concepts of genomics, variants, genetic and genomic tests, and test reports
- Pre- and post-test processes and clinical actions based on results
What’s in the workshop on 4 June?
Work through real clinical cases, guided by facilitators with clinical genomics experience
- AM: Paediatric cases workshop
- PM: Adult cases workshop
COVID-safe policies will apply to the workshop.
Places are strictly limited!
This is a free course, so register now to secure your spot.
Contact us with any questions or sign up below to be notified of upcoming training events.
*Cancer professionals: We’ll run future education sessions on somatic and cancer genomics. Sign up to our email list to hear about it first.