Implementing change at a hospital level is hard. Implementing change at a state-wide system level is even harder.
That's why last month we gathered 29 leaders in the hospital, healthcare and governance space to help develop tools to support the implementation of genomics in Victorian hospitals.
These experts identified several areas where Victoria would benefits from a statewide approach to genomics, led by the Victorian Government. These included:
- Coordination across health networks to ensure equitable access to genomic medicine
- Ensuring a sustainable and genomics-competent workforce
- Capturing system-wide data to demonstrate value-based care
- Protecting Victorians' genomic data and ensuring its meaningful use in their healthcare
- Building community trust in genomic medicine